Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12-17-13 How to Raise a Low Media...Husband

I was reading on facebook--a terrible media-type addiction I have--about how to raise a low media child.

Child-Schmild. I want a low-media husband!!!

In the effort of fairness and to give credit where it is due, here is the original website for this probably great article. I didn't read anything but the headings. http://mamanatural.com/how-to-raise-a-low-media-child/

The Trick:

1. Encourage Self-Directed Play. Hmmm. I need to get little things for Loy to play with. He isn't a fix-it man or I could go the route of having little things that are broken laying (lying?) around the house. He reads on his ipad only, so reading won't work. I could leave crayons and paper around...have the Legos sitting on the table...a jigsaw puzzle out.

2. Turn off the TV. Yeah, right. In the midst of football season, just turn off the TV. In what universe???

3. Make the home a safe and encouraging environment. That one might have some merit, but not sure if it'll make him less electronically connected. But, I could sure work on the tone of my voice, the eye contact, the "Go Get "Em, Tigers!" If I danced around in a skimpy negligee, he might think that was encouraging!! :)   (I can't believe I just said that!!! My kids are now trying to get that mental image out of their heads while screaming!!!) Meet him at the door with his slippers and pipe? Oh, yeah, he doesn't smoke a pipe.

4. Choose toys wisely. Convertible. Boat. Firepit. Those kinds of toys???

I think we're doomed to being plugged in.

Just a few thoughts from me today...

Kitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment